[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB3 CallByValue=false, but acts like its true

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 11 10:53:57 EDT 2008

"fisherv at teoco.com" wrote :
  | I thought that this JBoss EAR deployer CallByValue option was a feature implemented above and beyond the specification - it is, isn't it?

Not sure.

"fisherv at teoco.com" wrote :
  | I considered switching to local, but that just leaves the potential problem for someone else to solve down the line if remote calls are ever needed later.  I'm changing the code to work as call by ref - though this may involve changes in a number of places.
  |
  | I'm generally against using local for just this reason - your code may stop working if you ever change up your EJB allocation among JVMs/hosts!

As you rightly mention, using remote interfaces and then coding to expect that the parameters will be passed by reference was not the correct thing in the first place.  I guess you will have to change the implementation to fix this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157404#4157404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157404