[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem with enctype=\"multipart/form-data\" and File upload

khadijbal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 04:18:01 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I created a file uploading application using portlets.

This is how it works...
the jsp:

  | <form name="form1" method="post" action="<portlet:actionURL></portlet:actionURL>" enctype="multipart/form-data">

  |     <input type="text" name="name">
  |     <input type="file" name="textfield2">
  |     <input type="submit" name="Submit2" value="Envoyer">
  | </form>

the portlet:

  | public class PEssaiRecupereFichier extends GenericPortlet {
  | public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse response)throws PortletException, IOException {
  |
  | String name = request.getParameter("name");
  | System.out.println( name);
  | try {
  | 	// Create a factory for disk-based file items
  | 	FileItemFactory factory = new DiskFileItemFactory();
  |
  | // Create a new file upload handler
  | PortletFileUpload upload = new FileeUpload(factory);
  | // FileItem
  |
  | 	List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
  | 	Iterator iter = items.iterator();
  | 	while (iter.hasNext()) {
  | 	     FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();
  | 	     if (item.isFormField()) {
  | 		String fieldName = item.getFieldName();
  | 	       } else {
  | 	            File fullFile = new File(item.getName());
  |
  | 	File savedFile = new File(			"C://Documents and Settings/kjbal/Bureau/Dossiers",fullFile.getName());
  | 		item.write(savedFile);
  | 				}
  | 			}
  | 		} catch (Exception e) {
  | 						System.err.println e);
  | 		}
  | 	}
  | }

The problem is that I am getting the uploading file fine...but I'm obtaining 'null' in the other parameter.

I cannot figure out why.

However, if I remove the enctype=\"multipart/form-data\" parameter from the form's tag, I can obtain the values of parameter perfectly, but i can't obtain the file upload.

So, can any1 tell me what is the problem and how am I supposed to rectify it ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157609#4157609

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157609