[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Help on JBoss Messaging

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 12:28:21 EDT 2008

"ebenezerlovelin" wrote :
  | 1.  Now, when I use different machines, I dont have to Uncomment binding manager service from $JBOSS_CONFIG/conf/jboss-service.xml, if I am not wrong.

You don't need to use the binding manager if you are using three different machines.

You don't need also to use the binding manager if on the same machine, if you bind each server to a different IP. On my test environment for example, I have three dumb nics working as looopback, and I can do:

./run.sh -c messaging -b IP

"ebenezerlovelin" wrote :

  | 2.  I see from the guide that, if there are several Jboss messaging instances running on differtent machines in the network, then when the all these instances are started using the run -c messaging, they form a partition (Default Partition).  How do I customize this; I mean, how do I allow only the instances that I need, to form a partition?  When I started my Jboss messaging instance, I was able to see the instances running in my co-worker's machine were also taking part in the cluster and finally he had to turn of the cluster attribute to false in his postoffice in the       mysql-persistence-service.xml .

You mean... having different cluster partitions?

you can change the JGroups IP on Database-persistence.xml

You can also pass that as a parameter on run.conf.

"ebenezerlovelin" wrote :

  | 3.  I have three messaging nodes in the partition.  One of the clients  attached to node one is loading the queue in node one with messages.  I am not sending any messages to the other two queues.  However, I have three listeners (one for each node) listening to the queue.  I would like to know if the messages are evenly distributed to all the queues in the partition.   I am using the ClusterPullConnectionFactoryName in messaging-service.xml file.
  | Ebe

You will have messages distributed to the other nodes if you don't have a local node where you're sending the message. We aways favour the local Queues first, avoiding non necessary cluster trips.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157752#4157752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157752