[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal-Cluster: REPL_ASYNC vs. REPL_SYNC

IronMan77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 06:37:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

as a follow up to this posting

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=136198

we have discovered some strange effects when using the default setting of

REPL_SYNC for the TreeCache within a clustered portal setup. These issues include

  | * the logout bug (see the post above)
  | * synchronisation issues for PortletPreferences  if the instance preferences are modified via the Admin-Portlet

Strangley, these issues could be fixed when using the REPL_ASYNC setting for the TreeCache. I am aware of the drawbacks of using async vs sync but the sync settings doens't work as expected.

Has anybody else experienced the same issues?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157912#4157912

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157912