[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException

c0upal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 07:48:37 EDT 2008

I am having trouble running my First Jboss Seam application.

When I run a seam-generated page that queries a MySql Database:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Every derived table must have its own alias

When I traced the problem the SQL statement generated was

"Select * from (Select emp_id from Eployees employee1)"

I think the subquery must have its own alias which seam did not provide. The SQL statement should be something like this:

"Select * from (Select emp_id from Eployees employee1) as empployee2"

How do you work around this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157929#4157929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157929