[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Idle timeout minutes not working? Database connection do

mkaul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 13 10:29:32 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have a similar problem while setting up oracle-ds.xml with the following settings.

<min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>
<max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>
<idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>

I keep monitoring the Oracle sessions and find that the Idle sessions in the database stay INACTIVE for way over 10 minutes. Is there a check in JBoss that says "Only start checking if sessions are idle once they are above the MIN POOL size"? I don't understand how this works. Can someone please shed some light as to how I can troubleshoot this problem or better give me the solution to this problem?
Initially I found that the problem was that the tags for idle timeout were misformed and set to something ridiculously high like 500 minutes! But looking at the JMX MBean console proved that this parameter was set to 15 minutes! The database at the back showed idle sessions sitting for hours!
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
MK

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157977#4157977