[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - MyFaces JSF implementation found! This version of JBoss AS

JGF1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 15 04:04:56 EDT 2008

Hi folks.
•I've been trying to deploy a war for the Seam example that comes with source download for Core JSF 2nd edition in JBoss AS4.2.2GA.
In their book they talk about using JBoss Embedded server with Tomcat 5.5.
•As I see it, I've got a couple of options open to me. Try and use embedded server in Tomcat 6 (I'm not going back to earlier version of Tomcat!) or use AS4.2.2GA. I'd prefer to do the latter.
However when I deploy the war, I get the following message from JBoss.
anonymous wrote :
  | MyFaces JSF implementation found!  This version of JBoss AS ships with the java.net implementation of JSF.  There are known issues when mixing JSF implementations.  This warning does not apply to MyFaces component libraries such as Tomahawk.  However, myfaces-impl.jar and myfaces-api.jar should not be used without disabling the built-in JSF implementation.  See the JBoss wiki for more details.

•Now I've had a quick look in JBoss wiki, and can't seem to navigate to topic in question. One of the search boxes (lower one) appears to be broken and other one gives a Google search and it's like looking for a needle in a  haystack..
•Can someone point me to the appropriate documentation?
•Am I correct in assuming  the java.net jars are jsf-api/jsf-impl.jar?
•Are the java.net and myfaces implementations significantly different?
•Could I just swap over jsf jars, recompile and redeploy or am I likely to encounter lots of problems?
•Many thanks for your time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158189#4158189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158189