[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Get Task Name in a ActionHandler

Fornachari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 16 10:14:41 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I have a simple process. In this process, I have one transition that have an action. This action invokes a Handler. So, I implemented a handler and in this handler I need to know what are the name of the last task.

For example, my process:

START

TASK1
    |  ---------> in this transaction I invoke my handler
  END

For the process above, I would like that my handler get the task name. The task name in this case is TASK1.

I tried a lot of things but without success. Some code that I tried are below:

  | public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception
  | {
  |       try
  |       {
  |             String taskName = context.getTaskInstance().getName();
  |       }
  |
  |       catch(Exception e)
  |       {
  |       }
  | }

AND

  | public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception
  | {
  |       try
  |       {
  |             TaskInstance taskInstance = context.getTaskInstance();
  |             String taskName = taskInstance.getName();
  |       }
  |
  |       catch(Exception e)
  |       {
  |       }
  | }

Just to debug better, inside the catch method, I call a method to write the error in a TXT file. The error that I receive, to both cases above, is: NULL

Anybody know How can I do it?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158364#4158364

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158364