[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: ClusteredConnectionFactory vs JmsXA

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 17 13:53:15 EDT 2008

"ejb3workshop" wrote :
  | Our problem is that one incoming message results in several (sometimes 100 / 1000) individual messages to be send to the other MDBs in the chain. So one message comes in, and many go to the next MDB. The current behavior we are observing is hat messages only get distributed to other nodes in the cluster, when the local bean pool is exhausted.

Right, but isn't that an optimal use of resources?

If you have a consumer on each node, then it always makes sense to send the work to the local consumer if it is idle, and only send it to a remote consumer if it is busy. This is what JBM does automatically.

If you send work to another node when it can be processed on the local node that's an inefficient use of resources (extra network round trip etc).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158794#4158794

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158794