[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EntityManager Injection, Null Pointer Exception. (Sorry.

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 18 04:41:37 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : HERE ARE THE CONSOLE OUTLINE WHEN I DEPLOY THE APPLICATION:
  | 17:50:41,517 INFO [JmxKernelAbstraction] persistence.units:ear=surgeonfish.ear,jar=surgeonfish.jar,unitName=time_report_persistence_context
  | 17:50:41,532 INFO [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaffHome ejbName: PrStaffHome

This line shows that the EJB has been properly deployed with the Entity manager dependency resolved.

anonymous wrote : WHEN I TRY IT I AM TAKING ERROR:
  | 17:55:56,935 WARN [ExplodedJarVisitor] Exploded jar does not exists (ignored): file:../surgeonfish.jar
  | 17:55:56,935 INFO [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrGroups
  | 17:55:56,951 INFO [EntityBinder] Bind entity com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrGroups on table pr_groups
  | 17:55:56,951 INFO [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaff
  | 17:55:56,951 INFO [EntityBinder] Bind entity com.atosorigin.utils.pojo.PrStaff on table pr_staff

However this part of the log is strange. I don't know why the application/entities are being "redeployed" when you are accessing your application. What exactly do you do in this step? I mean how do you invoke the application? For some reason, the application is getting redeployed.

I see the following commented out portion in the EJB that you posted. Are you sure the class file that has been deployed also has this part commented?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158912#4158912

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158912