[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Best way to get master node (HASingletonDeployer with Barrie

dmary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 18 05:00:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm using Jboss AS 4.05GA and I was wondering how to contact the master node in order to add new schedules on a ScheduleProvider.

I have 3 nodes in a Farm, and at one moment, there is only one node managing Schedules
See my conf:

<mbean code="com.myproject.business.mbean.MyDBScheduleProvider"
  |           name="com.myproject.business.mbean:service=MyDBScheduleProvider">
  |       <depends>com.myproject.business.mbean:service=MyScheduleManager</depends>
  |       <depends>com.myproject.business.mbean:service=TaskScheduler</depends>
  |       <depends >jboss:service=partition_prod</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.ha:service=HASingletonDeployer,type=Barrier</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.j2ee:module=lypsoEJB.jar,service=EJB3</depends>
  |       <attribute name="ScheduleManagerName">com.myproject.business.mbean:service=MyScheduleManager</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="DataSourceName">java:mysql-ds</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="SQLStatement">SELECT target, method_name, method_signature, start_date, period,
  |           repetitions, date_format FROM Schedule where start_date>NOW()</attribute>
  |    </mbean>
  |    <mbean code="com.myproject.business.mbean.TaskScheduler"
  |           name="com.myproject.business.mbean:service=TaskScheduler">
  |           <depends>jboss.j2ee:ear=lypso-0.5.9-SNAPSHOT.ear,jar=lypsoEJB.jar,name=WSListenerSessionBean,service=EJB3</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  | 	<mbean code="com.myproject.business.mbean.MyScheduleManager"
  |        name="com.myproject.business.mbean:service=MyScheduleManager">
  |        <depends >jboss:service=partition_prod</depends>
  |    <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  | </mbean>

I saw on other post, that is possible to get all IP address of a farm with getting property "CurrentView" from service jboss:service=default_partition, and taking the first, which is normaly the master node.
Is it the right way on Jboss 4.05GA ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4158916#4158916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4158916