[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Nightly builds of JBoss 5 beta?
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 18 14:55:52 EDT 2008
"PeterJ" wrote : You can always get it from the subversion repository at http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/ and build it yourself.
A lot of the docs here still seem to reference CVS usage, but I did finally figure out how to pull down the svn trunk and build it.
I do periodic svn updates and rebuild it.
Here's the short version of instructions for those whoe are interested:
1. Install JDK 1.5 (I assume 1.6 will work too).
2. Install subversion client (http://subversion.org).
3. Make a directory to contain the build area. Change to that directory.
4. Run 'svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk' (this will take 10 minutes or so).
5. Change to trunk\build and run 'build.bat' (windows) or build.sh (linux).
6. When this completes, change to the output directory and you will find a directory named 'jboss-5.0.0.CR1' which is the built product. I would suggest moving it somewhere else before using it so future builds do not conflict with it.
To update with the latest source code:
1. Make your current directory the 'trunk' directory which exists in the directory you created in step 3 above.
2. Run 'svn update'.
3. Jump to step #5 above (the build will run a lot faster this time).
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159075#4159075
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159075
More information about the jboss-user