[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: JBOSS 5 (rev 74649) having EJB rmote injection issues

rweed do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 18 22:12:40 EDT 2008

As I said, this worked in Beta4 and the approach is right out of the Manning EJB3 book.

Interface:
package ic.poc.wc;

  | import javax.ejb.Remote;
  |
  | @Remote
  | public interface CoverageWC {
  | 	public int retrieveSubmission(int covSubmissionId);
  | }

Implementation:
package ic.poc.wc;

  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | public class CoverageWCBean implements CoverageWC {
  | 	public int retrieveSubmission(int covSubmissionId) {
  | 		return 1;
  | 	}
  | }

Usage:
import java.io.IOException;
  | import javax.servlet.ServletException;
  | import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
  | import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
  | import javax.ejb.EJB;
  | import ic.poc.wc.*;
  |
  |  public class EJB3TestServlet extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet implements javax.servlet.Servlet {
  |    static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |    @EJB
  |    private CoverageWC wc;
  |
  | 	public EJB3TestServlet() {
  | 		super();
  | 	}
  |
  | 	protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
  | 		response.setContentType("text/plain");
  | 		System.out.println(new java.util.Date()+"XXXXXXXEEEEEEEEEEEE");
  | 		response.getOutputStream().println("Go !");
  | 		response.getOutputStream().println(new java.util.Date()+"");
  | 		response.getOutputStream().println(wc.retrieveSubmission(1));
  | 	}
  |
  | 	protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
  | 		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
  | 	}
  | }

I did find a work-around...it required two things:
1.  Added 'mappedName="EJB3Test1/CoverageWCBean/remote"' to the @EJB annotation in the servlet.
2.  That then created another exception which required that I set CallByValue=true in the Naming service.

Why are these required now?

tia, Rick

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159138#4159138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159138