[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Is this a bug or is it intentional

bentins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 19 11:41:45 EDT 2008

I'm running jbpm 3.1.1 on my site for a long time. Today I tried to see what I need to do in order to upgrade to 3.2.3. Aside from migrating the DB, I found several things. One of the things is something I submitted a jira issue jbpm-696 (which was accepted as a fix and closed).

In FieldInstantiator line 140 - 141:
else if (Map.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getMap(propertyElement, new HashMap());

This makes the developer of an actionHandler use only the HashMap type as his map type, otherwise if you use hashtable you won't be able to set it. What I suggested back on that fix (applies also to collection types) is to write the code like this:

else if (Map.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getMap(propertyElement, (Map)type.newInstance());

this allows the developer to use any kind of map type even his own implementation.

My question is: Is it intentional not to allow other map or collection types or is it just an oversight?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159345#4159345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159345