[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Cluster failover not working

bfach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 19 12:33:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am using Jboss 4.2.2.GA with Messaging 1.4SP3.  I am running two MDB's on a server.

I have two identical nodes running in a cluster, both using the same db with two different serverpeerid's.  I have configured them to run in a cluster by setting the following:

-Djboss.partition.name=
-Djboss.messaging.datachannelupdaddress=
-Djboss.messaging.controlchannelupdaddress=

Both servers start and join the cluster together.  Failover has been an issue.  With a standalone java ap, we are sending messages to a queue on ServerA.  ServerA is processing the messages.

1. We kill A - B should take over
2. B reports failover complete and the following message

Timed out getting a connection from the pool. Try increasing clientMaxPoolSize and/or numberOfRetries attributes in remoting-xxx-service.xml

org.jboss.jms.exception.MessagingJMSException: Failed to invoke

3. No messages are processed on B

There are cases where failover works and you see the usual error messages such as:

 peer closed connection, trying to re-send msg

 2nd attempt to send data failed too

 Got marshalling exception, exiting

These messages appear during the failover of B but the messages in 2. also appear when failover does not suceed correctly.

MORE INFO:
1. binding to the machine name (machine-xp.net)
2. using the same machine name in jndi.properties file for standalong java app sending messages
3. Using ClusterConnectionFactory for JMS Producer from java app

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159365#4159365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159365