[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - changing conn parameters in -ds.xml file !!!urgent!!!

sankul123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 19 19:32:03 EDT 2008

I have tried to explain using these two cases -
ora-ds.xml -> oracle ds xml file.
CASE 1:
If I place the ora-ds.xml file under  ${JBOSSHOME}/server/default i,e

${JBOSSHOME}/server/default
  | |
  | |------- myApp.ear
  | |
  | |-------ora-ds.xml
  | |

and I update the ora-ds.xml file manually with new connection params to the same JNDI name, I can see the following in log file -
[06/19/08 12:08:49,879 PM] [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] [INFO] [Unbound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=OracleDS' from JNDI name 'java:OracleDS']
[06/19/08 12:08:49,957 PM] [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] [INFO] [Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=OracleDS' to JNDI name 'java:OracleDS']
This gives me confirmation that connection obj is according to changed conn parameters.

CASE 2:
I am trying to achieve the above thing through a program and just move the ora-ds.xml inside the ear[few of the customers are not interested giving our program any permissions[java security perm] outside our context].
So now I have placed the ora-ds.xml file inside ear and specify the path in jboss-app.xml file.

myApp.ear
  | |
  | |-----META-INF
  | |         |
  | |         |
  | |         |
  | |
  | |------- web1.war
  | |
  | |------- web2.war
  | |
  | |
  | |-------ora-ds.xml
  | |
  | |

And I am updating the ora-ds.xml file from my program. Even after updating I still get old conn object if I make a JNDI call.
I dont see any events as mentioned in case 1 , when I update the ora-ds.xml file in second case.

Bottom Line :

anonymous wrote : I want to update the connection parameters in ora-ds.xml and get new conn obj accordingly

Please answer whether what I am trying to do is either possible or NOT possible

Sandeep

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159411#4159411

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159411