[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: SchedulableMBean arguments

thehunt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 05:06:47 EDT 2008

Hi dmary. Actually I found a solution to this and implemented the project. I ll need to dig a bit as its 2 years old now, to find the specific chunks of code you are interested in. I hope i send em to you some time tomorrow.

As far as the fail over behaviour, provider and manager are instantiated but not started on all but the master node (on which their are started ofc). All tasks  are placed in a shared cache (Jboss cache), and those which have already been fired are also placed inside a queue. Every node has a Message-driven EJBs pool, reading from this queue, and thus actually executing the scheduled task. When the master node is going down, another random node acts as the the master, starting its already instantiated provider and manager, re-registering all tasks which can easily be found in the shared cache. I don't provide a solution, as it was an experimental project, to the problem arising from the tasks already executing on a node, when the node fails.

For a better overview of the project check this

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98741

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159498#4159498

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159498