[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Personalization of Portlets and Themes

tamil_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 05:34:18 EDT 2008

Hi... I'm new to JBoss portal environment and have done few sample portlets, themes, and custom layouts.  I would like to know if can do the following on JBoss Portal:
1. Customizing Portlets in a Portal page.
     --- Ex: suppose I've 4 portlets in a portal page.  I would like to provide an option (say 4 check boxes for 4 portlets in a window) to user to select the portlets he/she would like to choose to display on portal page.  If 2 portlets are selected and saved, then Portal page should display 2 selected portlets only. When he login next time he should be able to view the 2 portlets he selected earlier.

2. Customizing themes of a portal by an user.
    -- Ex: I've 3 different custom themes for my application.  I can able to select a theme in the ADMIN portlet.  But this theme would apply to the entire user who use the application.  Instead, I would like to provide list of themes available (say in a drop down List box) with in the portal application.  If a logged in user changes the theme, then the portal theme will be changed for the user only.  If he log in next time, the same theme should be retained for him.

I would very much appreciate if any one help me whether it is possible to implement.  If so, an example or documentation to implement the above feature would be much useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Tamil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159504#4159504