[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Cluster failover not working

bfach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 13:52:21 EDT 2008

Ok i have gone through the example in the userguide for 1.4SP3 and have found nothing out of the ordinary.

I did find that my clusterpullconnectionfactory failover was set to false as well as the loadbalancing false.  Failover has worked before and these properties were false.  i turn switch them to true to see if it made a difference.

I finally turned my attention to the standalone java app that sends the messages.  I realized that someone had changed the order of the classpath.

I have switched it back to the following:

export SIM_CLASSPATH=$SIM_HOME/bin:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jaxb/1.2/jaxb-impl.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jaxb/1.2/jaxb-jsr173_1.0.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/commons/commons-lang-2.3.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/log4j.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/trove.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/javassist.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/jbossall-client.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/jboss-aop-jdk50.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/jboss-ejb3x.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jboss/4.2.2.GA/jboss-remoting.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/vendor/jbm/1.4.0.SP3/jboss-messaging-client.jar:\
$SIM_HOME/conf:

After changing it back to this order, failover works again with no issues.  Load balancing works between the two nodes running in the cluster.

The one small issue is that if you kill a node and bring it back up, it joins the cluster but doesn't take over any of the load after it is running again.  If you kill the node doing all the work, the newly started node takes over.  The desired behaviour after successful restart of a node is for it to share some of the load again.

Is there anything that doesn't seem right in the classpath?

Thanks for the help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159637#4159637

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159637