[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Cluster Deployment: farming

sankul123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 14:28:11 EDT 2008

Need some clear[simple :)] clarifications[please]-

1.Farming service-
When we say farming service , I believe that I need not worry about keeping the application context synch in cluster.
For ex: we have some feature to upload files.
So in a cluster with N1,N2,N3 and if file upload request is served by N1 node, the uploaded file on N1 is also replicated on nodes N2,N3 .
Please  clarify this if I my understanding is wrong.

2.Farming deployment
If I hot-deploy the application
archive file (the EAR) in the all/farm/ directory of any of the cluster member
and the application is automatically duplicated across all nodes in the same cluster. In our application we have features to upload files[these are ETL related job files]  to server.

For now I am deploying the application ear in server type default/deploy, what I observe is that the ear is exploded every time I start/restart my jboss server.I am not able to see the files uploaded files after restart of Jboss as ear file gets exploded to new tmp folder? If this is the behaviour then people are going to kill me if the ear is exploded every time, lots of configurations in properties file will be lost. The solution that was proposed to me for this is to deploy application as exploded directory - http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=137796

Now what I see from cluster doc is that farming service is only supported if hot deployed as ear archive? Will my files uploaded[through upload file feature,which are not part of ear archive] , or any configuration done to my properties file be lost on restart of cluster?

Above all I am sorry for this big post ,but could not help as I did not get clear clarification from many other JBoss cluster GURU's :).

Sandeep

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159650#4159650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159650