[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Interesting performance numbers with 2.0 alpha, 1.4 & AM

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 21 04:07:50 EDT 2008

Glad to hear you are looking at JBM 2.0.

A couple of thoughts:

1) I'd strongly recommend against running all tests on the same box. You'll probably find the results won't give you a real picture of performance since you really need a network in play (minimum 1GB network).

2) For JBM 1.4 - are you using out of the box config? If so JBM 1.4 out of the box in the app server uses HSQLDB which isn't a "real" database - has not tx, and is in memory. It may give high perf figures because it's not actually persisting to disk. If you replace HSQLDB by a real db like Oracle or MySQL you'll probably see a difference in the perf.

3) JBM 2.0 - I'd strongly recommend running the server on linux if you're not already and installing libaio (see userguide) - this will make the journal even faster.

4) AMQ by default does not by default sync tx to disk - make sure you switch this on.

5) I'd also try with larger transaction sizes. If you're using tx size of 1, there's little point you may as well just send a single persistent message outside a tx. The JBM journal will shine even more with larger or more real world transactions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159717#4159717

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159717