[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Virtual Hosts

jhall01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 22 19:00:25 EDT 2008

So I am trying to deploy a webapp on jboss and can't seem to figure out whats going on (I have switched my actual domain name with domain.com:

I have apache2 running in the front, jboss 4.2.2.

I setup my apache directives with the following:
ServerName www.domain.com
  | ProxyPass / http://www.domain.com:8080/
  | ProxyPassReverse / http://www.domain.com:8080/

created a war:
./servers/default/deploy/domain.war

in the war I have my WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml with:
<jboss-web>
  |     <context-root>/</context-root>
  |     <virtual-host>domain.com</virtual-host>
  | </jboss-web>

I defined my ./jboss-web.deployer/server.xml with the host:
 <Host name="domain.com" autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false">

and when i try to access my app from www.domain.com my apache log reads:
[Sun Jun 22 13:05:39 2008] [error] (111)Connection refused: proxy: HTTP: attempt to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 (www.domain.com) failed
  | [Sun Jun 22 13:05:39 2008] [error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (www.domain.com)
  | [Sun Jun 22 13:05:41 2008] [error] proxy: HTTP: disabled connection for (www.domain.com)
  | [Sun Jun 22 13:05:42 2008] [error] proxy: HTTP: disabled connection for (www.domain.com)

am I missing something, if i change the apache directive from:
ProxyPass / http://www.domain.com:8080/
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
I get the default ROOT.war context as expected which shows my JBOSS default page, so I know jboss is running and accepting proxy requests from apache, but trying to define my own context seems to cause an issue.

Any Ideas? (total noob to jboss)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159799#4159799

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159799