[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Noob install/tutorial question

IdahoEv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 23 04:03:33 EDT 2008

I've followed the instructions for installing the JBoss Eclipse IDE, (2.1.0 seems to be installed correctly in Eclipse 3.3)  and am trying to work through http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/tutorial/build/en/html/the.project.html, and I feel like an idiot: I am stuck trying to create a new application.

The tutorial (which was written for JBoss-IDE 1.5) shows creating a new project with the wizard JBoss-IDE -> J2EE Projects -> J2EE 1.4 project.    I don't have anything matching this.    I have J2EE (containing Application Client Project, Connector Project, etc.) and JBoss Tools Web (containing JSF and Struts).

So it seems to me that either:
   * I didn't get it installed correctly (but it appeared to work)
   * The tutorial is very badly out of date, and the tools now don't match the documentation.

Either way, I can't figure out where to go from here.   Software Updates -> Find and Install claims that there are no new versions to be found or had.  What next?

Advice much appreciated, thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159837#4159837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159837