[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - new File(".") points to users Desktop. Possible security bug

dietice do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 23 07:11:43 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I was wandering if some of you could help me out with this. I have an web app running under JBoss. I have a class that has a static method. In this class I have the following code:

  | System.out.println( "Path = " + new File(".").getAbsolutePath() );

When I start jboss and goto to the page that executes this method I see this in my console:

Path = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\

I'm was wandering shouldn't JBoss prevent accessing anything outside the jboss directory. If so, is this a possible security bug?

Thanks in advance,
Martyn

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159885#4159885

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159885