[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Turning off CachedConnectionManager

aggarwald do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 23 16:25:29 EDT 2008

Hi,
I had been getting IllegalStateException when doing Jboss TM suspend and begin, ie, suspend an outer transaction and start a new inner transaction. Exception was:

  | [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Trying to change transaction TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: a0359b1:4e3:4734f5c7:fc status: ActionStatus.RUNNING > in enlist!
  |
  |  [STDERR] at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener.enli
  | st(TxConnectionManager.java:525)
  |
  |  [STDERR] at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.transactionStarted(TxConnectio
  | nManager.java:328)

I had posted this question earlier on Jboss Transactions forum but later on I found that this is a JCA issue. Refer to:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=137565

As this is due to "Lazy JCA Enlistment" feature of CachedConnectionManager, can I disable it? If I disable it, can I still do <track-connection-by-tx>? I am willing to pay the cost of losing optimization, provided I don't loose any transaction correctness. If this is something which is already in the documentation out there (checked the jboss jca wiki but couldn't find much), I'll appreciate it if you can point me to it.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160030#4160030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160030