[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: job executor explained in a nutshell

jpechane@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 04:43:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

in my opinion  READ_COMMITTED is the correct level of isolation for optimistic locking.

Morover in the forst post Tom contradicts himself

anonymous wrote : The required isolation level should be set to REPEATABLE_READ for hibernate's optimistic locking to work correctly. That isolation level will guarantee that

anonymous wrote : Non-Repeatable reads are a problem for optimistic locking and therefor, isolation level READ_COMMITTED is required if you configure more then 1 job executor thread

What I think is the problem with Exceutors is that they report the StaleObjectExcepetion even if it is quite expected result in such case.

Maybe for tables with jobs we should think about pessimistic locking as the conflicts can be quite frequent.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160133#4160133

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160133