[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss+Hibernate+JPA cache

potdl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 24 08:27:29 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I need some advice.

Overview: We have an application that reads about 5000 messages from MQ and saves it to a database. The messages make up a statement (from 1-1500 message) and need to be stored in an interim table called incomming. When all pages are received for that statement it is moved to completed. I process about 200 messages per iteration.

My performance currently sucks. so

1. By default, does jboss 4.2.2 enable second level cache for JPA, or do i need to configure it in the persistence.xml?
2. Will second level cache help?
3. will the batch-size property help and what size should it be on? (my theory is that it needs to be the same about as the insert i`m performing within my transaction. 200 messages +- 300 inserts.
4. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Derick

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160204#4160204