[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Discussion: Using MessageSelector or sth. else?

kevin.lohmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 02:16:06 EDT 2008

Hi *,

due to what Adrien Brock (thx for looking after the issue!) said on http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5670 I would like to know how to use message selectors correctly respectively which constructs to use.

The situation:
We have one queue. To this queue we send messages with a property (lets call it 'arg') and we don't know, how many 'arg'-values exist (so we can't create a concrete number of queues beforehand). We have some consumers which are interested in messages with some specific 'arg'-values. At the moment we solve this by using message selectors. By now we guessed that this is the correct way (we are aware of slow performance).

But then Adrien wrote yesterday:
anonymous wrote : WARNING: This kind of use of message selectors is NOT recommended

So we are interested in how the above situation could be solved in a recommended way.

Thx for discussion,
 Kevin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160431#4160431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160431