[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: How to Access EJB over HTTP in remote machine?

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 07:18:10 EDT 2008

"ritesh163" wrote : 21:06:02,350 INFO  [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service jboss:service=Naming
  |   | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No Attribute found with name: RmiBindAddress
well, i do not exactly know what the reason for this error is, but i would guess it does not depend on the InvokerURLs. ServiceConfigurator says he cannot find "RmiBindAddress". RmiBindAddress is configured in /conf/jboss-service.xml and defaults to "${jboss.bind.address}" which is imho set through the "-b" option.
please check whether JBoss starts successfully with your command if you do not have configured standardjboss.xml, jboss.xml and the InvokerURLs. i would except the error to remain...?

"ritesh163" wrote : Here, I am talking about client side Jboss (machine B). machine A is already in External IP, so it runs on external IP [...] Machine B has internal ip and jboss also run on that ip which is redirected by router ip or external ip.
lets clarify your network topology first. i assume * you have two JBoss instances running (machine A and machine B),
  | * your client (application) connects to machine A over JNDI (http) and uses
  | * an EJB in machine A which has to access an EJB (http, too) in machine B.
  | * machine A do not know the address of machine B, but
  | * machine A knows the address of the router and get redirected.is this correct? if yes then... both machines need to use http invokers, i think.* because your client tries to connect to machine A over http (HttpNamingContextFactory), you have to configure the servlets for machine A. the InvokerURLs should be the address of machine A from the clients point of view, because JBoss will return the InvokerURL to tell your client(s proxies) where to connect to.
  | * and because machine A tries to connect to machine B over http (external address and redirecting), you have to configure the servlets for machine B. the InvokerURLs should again be the address of machine B from machine As point of view, because machine A will recieve proxies which have to connect to the external/ routing address of machine B.and you have to configure standardjboss.xml and jboss.xml for both machines, of course.

i hope, this works for you.
robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160511#4160511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160511