[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - using db instead of sticky sessions

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 11:05:51 EDT 2008

Seam 2.0.1.GA
JBoss 4.2.1.GA

Our Seam apps obviously make heavy use of SFSB and conversation contexts.  We are considering using db instead of sticky sessions in our clustered Jboss environment.  What is the official JBoss recommendation on this?
anonymous wrote :
  | Database backed sessions are the easiest to understand. Session data gets serialized and stored in a database. The advantage of database-backed sessions is it's simplicity. The disadvantage is that the database is often the performance bottleneck of the system. By adding load to an already-loaded system, you may harm performance. One way around that bottleneck is to use a small, quick database like MySQL for your session store and save the "Big Iron" database like Oracle for your core database needs.

http://bbs.51jishu.com/ref/sessions.xtp

we are possibly moving to JBoss5 AS in the future as well.

according to page 336 (clustering jboss services section) of JBoss in Action MEAP pdf, for EJB SFSB you must have sticky-session load balancing.

Does this mean that the db option above will not work?  I've always read about sticky-sessions for SFSB's...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160575#4160575

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160575