[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Is JCA clustered?

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 14:15:08 EDT 2008

"jorgemoralespou_2" wrote : When the ldap server came up again, we had stuck connections, and the JCA connector couldn`t recreate the Ldap connections. (This is another problem from the one I don`t understand).
This seems to be logical and it should be handled by providing some configurable  property of the RA (ldap-connector.rar) or the MCF .
The pool of connections which is held by the JCA has become stale as your ldap server  have been restarted , we have taken care of this scenario by providing check-valid-connection-sql property for the jdbc related RA's .

When the application takes connection from the JCA pool and if we expect the connections to be stale/broken due to restart of the DB while the Jboss AS is running then the JCA closes the stale connection and recreates the new one  , all this is transparent to the application .

You will have to design the similar feature for the ldap related connector , I am not the ldap expert so can't tell you the exact way to validate these stale connections .
I am sure the guys who might have written the ldap RA for you should be able to implement this feature .
The validation of the stale/broken connection should be done through the MCF.matchConnection(...) operation .

Here is how we take care of the broken/stale connection in jdbc adapter
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/WhatHappensToJBossIfIRestartTheDatabase
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/FAQJBossJCA

How about making the ldap ra as the opensource ?
Let me see if we can have the generic ldap RA shipped with our new JCA project .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160629#4160629

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160629