[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging and Bisocket Transport

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 25 19:38:33 EDT 2008

Hi Ebe,

The bisocket transport needs the second port to support clients behind firewalls, which, as you mention, is the reason the bisocket transport was developed.  However, if you're not going to use the bisocket transport, you can just remove the bisocket configuration and it won't run at all.

I believe that the JBossMessaging directory structure might change from version to version, but you should look for a file in the JBM deployment that's called something like "remoting-service.xml" and look for the bisocket Connector MBean:

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=bisocket"
  |           display-name="Bisocket Transport Connector">
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <config>
  |             <invoker transport="bisocket">
  |
  |                <!-- There should be no reason to change these parameters - warning!
  |                     Changing them may stop JBoss Messaging working correctly -->
  |                <attribute name="marshaller" isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="unmarshaller" isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="dataType" isParam="true">jms</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="socket.check_connection" isParam="true">false</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="timeout" isParam="true">0</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="serverBindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="serverBindPort">4457</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="clientSocketClass" isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="serverSocketClass">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.ServerSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="numberOfCallRetries" isParam="true">1</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="pingFrequency" isParam="true">214748364</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="pingWindowFactor" isParam="true">10</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="onewayThreadPool">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.DirectThreadPool</attribute>
  |                <!-- End immutable parameters -->
  |
  |                <!-- Periodicity of client pings. Server window by default is twice this figure -->
  |                <attribute name="clientLeasePeriod" isParam="true">10000</attribute>
  |
  |                <!-- Number of seconds to wait for a connection in the client pool to become free -->
  |                <attribute name="numberOfRetries" isParam="true">10</attribute>
  |
  |                <!-- Max Number of connections in client pool. This should be significantly higher than
  |                     the max number of sessions/consumers you expect -->
  |                <attribute name="JBM_clientMaxPoolSize" isParam="true">200</attribute>
  |
  |                <!-- Use these parameters to specify values for binding and connecting control connections to
  |                     work with your firewall/NAT configuration
  |                <attribute name="secondaryBindPort">xyz</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="secondaryConnectPort">abc</attribute>
  |                -->
  |
  |             </invoker>
  |             <handlers>
  |                <handler subsystem="JMS">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSServerInvocationHandler</handler>
  |             </handlers>
  |          </config>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

If you delete that and replace it with an HTTP connector, the secondary port will go away.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160706#4160706

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160706