[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Problem for Timer of BisocketServerInvoker

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 26 19:37:40 EDT 2008

Ahaaa.  JBossMessaging essentially disables the BisocketServerInvoker.ControlMonitorTimerTask by setting its frequency to a huge number.  I had forgotten about that.  So ControlMonitorTimerTask gets removed the next time it runs after getting cancelled, but it "never" runs so it "never" gets cancelled.

I've created a JIRA issue to track this problem:  JBREM-1005: "Prevent build up of cancelled TimerTasks in bisocket transport" (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-1005).  When it's ready I'll attach a jboss-remoting.jar with the fix to the JIRA issue.

Until then

"qingsongjian" wrote :
  | Could you tell me what value I should set pingFrequency to, as after set it a small value such as 10000, I get a lot of exception while starting jboss

I would say set "pingFrequency" to the smallest number that doesn't lead to exceptions.  Maybe 60000?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161017#4161017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161017