[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Concurrent childnodes: how to create multithreaded nodes

Rasun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 27 05:03:45 EDT 2008

Though your vision might be just and correct, I managed to implement it as a simple app: I defined one class which creates threadable processes. Each process that has to be started will be fired as a new thread. This works quite safe as each new thread starts a new execution, though it isn't within the main process anymore. The basic idea was to create 'subprocesses' (splitted multiple transitions/nodes that work on a specific task and then merge into one node afterwards). As I want to keep the whole thing plain simple, I won't make use of Hibernate, databases or Job Executor. So I guess I'm forced to create my own implementation then.

Perhaps in the future, someday a simple fork will be available where each splitted transaction is a thread just for one transition :).

Thanks for your input anyway!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161086#4161086

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161086