[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: NullPointer: Setting portlet instance preferences via In

IronMan77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 1 04:21:37 EST 2008

Hi chris,

we set some portlet instance parameters via the portlet-instance.xml. These parameters are visible to all user - we want a user with a defined role ("site admin") to be able to modify these settings. Setting the values via the PortletPreferences is not an option as these values are stored in connetion with the logged in user and not for all users. That is why we want to modify the portlet instance parameters via the InstanceContainer.

There is a reason for using this version: we are devloping since mid 2007 and want to keep our developing platform and libary base stable. We have also noticed that, there a some bigger changes between the different portal versions, like a change of the underlaying jboss application server version from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1. So maybe we grade up after our portal projetk is final, but until now we want to keep the version.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133406#4133406

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133406