[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - @Service + @WebService

rcarmichael do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 5 13:27:09 EST 2008

Going based on some information found through google search:

http://bill.burkecentral.com/2007/09/19/ejb-31-immediate-feedback-on-ejb-singletons-and-concurrency-needed/

it looks as though I should be able to (or is it not working yet?) define a singleton via the @Service annotation that also has a @WebService annotation. However, when I do this I don't get any web service endpoints, the WSDL isn't available at the correct location, etc. Basically it doesn't seem to work. I realize the link I pointed to is talking about EJB3.1 but it seemed to imply to me that JBoss was ahead of the game with a @Service function that should also allow @WebService annotations on the same class.

I haven't tried it, but I assume the correct workaround would be to define one POJO as the @Service and another POJO as @WebService and simply inject the @Service into the @WebService class instead of having them both be the same object. Is this the right way to do it?

Thanks,
Ryan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134371#4134371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134371