[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: application clients in JBOSS 4.2.2

sajhak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 14:09:26 EST 2008

thanks Peter ,

u r the one who has replied for almost all my questions so far .. :)

finally i got the problem solved ..

when JBOSS integrates with Netbeans 6.0 , it automatically detects the settings to be conformed with J2EE 1.4 specs.not J2EE 5...so il try with JBOSS 5.0 later..

so i had to edit the configuration files as well , and had to use JNDI as well.

but the same application is working in Glassfish server , without the need of any modification of config files , and without using JNDI lookups..

here , iam deploying the application client's jar also to the deploy directory , and after that clicks on RUN  in Netbeans   , so no classpath is involving here.Im that couldnt i use the @Local interface instead of the @Remote one ?

another  question , what s the use of @EJB annotations ? are those only for local clients ? won't that be supports for Local clients ?

also , what is the use of the local interface (@Local) .. i couldnt find any example code which uses that interface..i tried even to use it..but it failed.so i gave that up..so please , if u have any simple example code which uses the @Local interface please send me ( through this or my mail sajhak at hotmail.com ) so that i can get a thorough idea of EJB ..

Thanks and Regards
Sajith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134657#4134657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134657