[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Hot-deploy of an EJB loses my JAXBContext

kvbisme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 15:52:52 EST 2008

I have an application that uses a war to accept web service requests, the requests are authenticated, and if authenticated the request is routed to an EJB to perform whatever task is requested.
The problem is that when I bring up JBoss (4.0.5.GA) the application behaves as advertised, but if I make a change and hot deploy, it fails.  I know that isn't very helpful so let me elaborate.
The web service call has a SOAP header containing an XML Object from some client, we have a couple of forms this credential can take, but the jest of it is that I reconstitute the credential object using JAXB.  To do this I first examine the annotations of the base Credential class to determine the actual implementation being sent my matching the xsi:type of the XML to the QName of the JAXB Class to use.  I mention this because I can manually follow the annotations to find the correct class (and it does).  Once I hot deploy the application (including just touching the ear to cause it to redeploy with no changes) I still can traverse the annotations but I get the JAXBException about the class not found in the context.
I am sure it is some kind of classloading issue, but I have checked and re-checked and none of my classes are duplicated in other jar/wars.
How about a clue as where to begin this search as I am out of ideas.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134679#4134679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134679