[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Can we configure JBoss Cache to run on separate JVM.

aqwsde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 6 23:57:52 EST 2008

Hi,

Our application is using JBoss AS 4.0.3 SP1 and JBoss Cache 1.4.1.SP3. The application keeps a lot of stuff in cache. Once the application runs for a long time the total Heap memory is consumed and we get OutOfMemory exception.
This can happen because of 2 reasons
1. Application has a memory leak.
2. Cache size increases beyond the heap size.
Inorder to have a temporary solution we thought of running the JBoss Cache in a different JVM.

Can we run the JBoss cache in a different JVM so that we can give more heap size to the application.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134739#4134739

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134739