[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Trying to build AOP from source but isn't getting 3rd pa

dsmiley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 7 09:20:28 EST 2008

I'm not using 1.5.6 only because it doesn't work with JBoss 3.2, even though its documentation alleges it does (I've made forum posts about this lately).  I followed the instructions.  1.3.6 was really close, however.  It just seemed to be the rename of UnifiedClassLoader.clearBlackList().  Earlier 1.3 series suffered from the same problem.  So I got the 1.3 branch (which represents development after 1.3.6 was released AFAIK), couldn't build it as-is, but I was able to pluck the relevant source out of it to build it myself (with my IDE, not the JBoss ant scripts).  It was a bitch to build because the codebase was targeted at two different JBoss's.  It seemed to work okay.  So... if AOP 1.5.6 doesn't actually run on AS 3.2, don't claim it does in the documentation because you're leading people down a dead-end street.  Remove it or make it actually work in AS 3.2.

Any way, this is somewhat water under the bridge at this point because I convinced the production administrators I work with to go with JBoss 4... though that brings up other hurdles for me (out of scope of AOP).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134857#4134857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134857