[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How to build custom User/Role/UserProfile/Membership Modules

arnieOag do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 7 15:33:30 EST 2008

I have read through chapters 16 and 18 in the 2.6.4 portal and was finally able to get authentication to our Novell eDirectory (LDAP) server working, but I could see the portal was throwing a lot of errors in the background, mainly because the schema wasn't what it was expecting. No biggie there.

However, based on our crazy State-regulated setup here, I need to completely replace the classes that relate to these modules:

  | <login-module code="org.jboss.portal.identity.auth.IdentityLoginModule" flag="required">
  |     <module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
  |
  |     <module-option name="userModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/UserModule</module-option>
  |     <module-option name="roleModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/RoleModule</module-option>
  |     <module-option name="userProfileModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/UserProfileModule</module-option>
  |     <module-option name="membershipModuleJNDIName">java:/portal/MembershipModule</module-option>
  |
  |     <module-option name="additionalRole">Authenticated</module-option>
  |     <module-option name="password-stacking">useFirstPass</module-option>
  | </login-module>

Why?

We already have an JNDI-based library that does Authentication against our Novell eDirectory/LDAP server and it also checks to see if the account is disabled, which I don't think the ones that come with JBoss do. Then there is the rather complex Application Security database we've created to control Authorization. Our "roles" are in there and are effective dated. This setup will be for internal employees and external public users.

I have looked high and low on line and cannot find a document that really deals with doing this. Some people have submitted code snippets but I really need to replace everything.

We will never track as much user profile data as is configured and we can't use the Captcha functionality because its not Accessible.

Could someone tell me:

1) Which classes I have to replace;

2) where right source is? I went to jboss.org and downloaded the source to the portal only to find a large number of missing libraries (\thirdpary\*) and no reference as to where that is.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134982#4134982

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134982