[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - reading didn't help

hate_rtfm_rafb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 9 07:01:04 EDT 2008

Well, I read the installation guide on here for Windows XP, it says you can put Jboss Files ANYWHERE, there's another guide on here that says you can't put it anywhere, especially not "program files".  I also read ANT is optional so I didn't install.  Otherwise I followed the main directions, configure path for JAVA_HOME, JBOSS_HOME etc. etc. i'm not gonna repeat the instructions i followed i've already read them, followed them etc.

Doesn't start the server with run.bat.  Can't open up localhost or loopback address on port 8080 or any other port.  Can't find out what is wrong.

So where do I even begin to find out what went wrong ?  I tried searching through the  jboss directory structure for some error log but all i see are .xml files.  Tried searching forums but get all these technical mumbo jumbo posts.  Tried freenode #jboss on freenode but the few channel users (30 or so) were just not there.  I'm running out of resources and patience.  I don't think learning Jboss is worth the time anymore.  Can anyone convince me otherwise? (no evangelists. just technical support can convince me)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135136#4135136

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135136