[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: howto change projects' database connection?

daveyx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 9 13:37:52 EDT 2008

hi, thanks for your reply

i installd the correct jdbc driver. this is sure, because i can build a new sem web project and configure it for a postgresql connection. this works, i can see the correct datatables via pgadmin.
i only want to change the settings for my hsqldb configured project.

i built a new project with postgresql connection and had a look into the folder structure.
in myproj/.settings are two files:

  | org.jboss.tools.seam.core.prefs
  | org.jboss.tools.jst.web.xml

i think that the databaseconnection is defined here, because the first file references a "seam.project.connection.profile=mypostgres" in mypostgresproject and "seam.project.connection.profile=myhsqldb" in myhsqldbproject

but changing this value does not result in a correct database connection,nothing happens.

the second file includes thousands of
<FILESYSTEM ENTITY="FileSystemJar" ...
but different in the two projects.

and one contains the jdbc path (in configfile of myhsqldbproj)

  | LOCATION="/.../jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar" NAME="lib-postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar"/>
i am wondering why jboss tools does not provide a gui to switch to another databaseprofile?
i dont want to copy all the sources from hsqldbproject to postgresproject, because of the packingstructure...

any other ideas still welcome

davey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135164#4135164

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135164