[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: locking & CacheSPI

mircea.markus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 14:10:56 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : When our application decides to write to the cache, it needs to check what's already at the node that's there, and then depending on what it finds, it may choose to put the new object in the cache in the same node, or it may decide not to. It's important that a different thread doesn't change the object at that key in that node in between the read and the write. Locking behavior is what we want - the other thread should wait until the first thread is done before writing.

you should open a transaction (REPETABLE_READ)  which would only commit after the write. This will assure that the read data won't be modified by other thread until commit/rollback takes place.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135422#4135422

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135422