[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Other side of relationship not updating

ddurst@mechdrives.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 10 18:06:11 EDT 2008

Hopefully I can convey my issue with out posting 1000 lines of code.

I am using Jboss 4.0.4.GA.

My programming situation is as followings

Swing Application -> Stateful Session Bean -> Entity Manager -> DB

I have a Object structure as follows:

CommittedMap -- InvoiceQty -- InvoiceLine ---Invoice

I have a Stateful session bean InvoiceFactoryBean.

Which will create a Invoice and leave it open in a transaction for
further modification.

When adding a InvoiceLine which contains a InvoiceQty it does not appear
to update the CommittedMap side of the relationship.

To put it in simple terms if I do the following:

public void addInvoiceLine(Interger qty, CommittedMap map) {
    InvoiceQty iqty = new InvoiceQty(qty,map);
    InvoiceLine line = new InvoiceLine();
    line.addInvoiceQty(iqty );
    invoice.addInvoiceLine(line);
    em.persist(invoice);
}

The invoice qty will not show on the committed map.

I am sure it would if I committed the transaction I am in, but
that defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
If so how did you work around this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135470#4135470

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135470