[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBOSS Cache vs Gigaspaces

bahata do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 11 05:38:09 EDT 2008

Hi
I tried Gigaspace , ehcache, jboss pojo cache and some other caching solutions to find out which one was more suitable to my appliction.

Atlast I sticked to JBoss pojo cache because:
1) Hibernate was used in our project as ORM , and we loaded all the data
from DB using hibernate association so that the internal object references were maintained . But GIGASPACE DOES NOT SUPPORT HIBERNATE ASSOCIATION to maintain the object graph unless you use it as hibernate second level cache.
2) Also it does not support : object graph maintenance through object reference (if I am not wrong). UID is used to recreate the object references if needed, through transient objects

If you do not have hibernate in your application ,or do not have complex objects, (none of your non-primitive object refers to another  non-primitive  object , which is quite unlikely), you can go for gigaspace.
The good things with Gigaspace is that it supports partitioning, master-local topology ,and various other features.

JBoss pojo cache is good in the sense that it supports maintaining the complex object graph with less effort.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135551#4135551

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135551