[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Too many open files exception JBOSS 4.2

eightmd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 11 13:14:18 EDT 2008

Was there any resolution to this? We are seeing the same problem. We are front ending JBoss with Apache 2.2.6 and using JBoss 4.2.2GA. We are on Linux FC6. After some time it runs into the Too many open files problem. This is under a heavy test load, but we still expect it to recover and we didn't see this issue with Apache 2.2.0 and JBoss 4.0.3.

I've seen various issues listing this same error but I haven't seen any solutions. Our max file handles per user is 1024 which would see sufficient and the total max is very large.

We see many open sockets on the 8009 port which is the port that JBoss users to listen to the Apache AJP connector. I believe they connections get into a CLOSE_WAIT state and seem to stay there.

Anyone figure a way out of this. Just bumping up the number of max connections will just put the problem off till later.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135719#4135719

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135719