[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Call a web service

rodosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 14 10:40:26 EDT 2008

Hello!

         I'm new in JbossWS. I have been looking into the documentation but... I'm a bit lost. I've generated a web service that I can see at http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services. My problem is how I can access form a client application ... and if I have to produce something with wstools.

I notice that wsdl file is automaticaly created in data folder of Jboss 4.2.2. But what happens with wsconsume tools? I've executed and this created me several files. I have to use them to call my web service? or ... I have to do something similar to

  |  String urlstr   = "http://127.0.0.1:8080/proyecto/JbpmService?wsdl";
  |
  |  URL url =  new URL(urlstr);
  |
  | 	        QName qname = new QName("http://ws/",
  | 	                                "JbpmService");
  |

  | 	        ServiceFactory factory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
  | 	        Service        service = factory.createService(url, qname);

This second option doesn't works for me because the following exception is thrown:

  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot obtain wsdl service: {http://ws/}JbpmService
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaDataInternal(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:172)
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:134)
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JAXRPCClientMetaDataBuilder.java:86)
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:111)
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl.createService(ServiceFactoryImpl.java:157)
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxrpc.client.ServiceFactoryImpl.createService(ServiceFactoryImpl.java:128)
  | 	at client.JbpmWSClient.main(JbpmWSClient.java:61)

how I could solucionate this problem?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136702#4136702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136702