[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Hot deploying EJBs

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 17 04:17:59 EDT 2008

Do *.jar files even get read by the JBoss hot deploy scanner?

Or do you mean a *.ear?
Did you replace the *.ear?

Just to make sure you are using the correct files. Countless times I have tripped over that one.

Are you using exploded deployment?
If not, skip this part. If you are curious, read on.

What I presume javarebel means is when you do exploded deployment.
Meaning you can unpack the contents of your ear/war/whatever into a folder with the name of your package + extension (unpack MyApp.ear -> ./MyApp.ear/) then you can simply replace the embedded jar file but need to touch the controlling .xml file JBoss requires the package to have.

Note, you can only have one of the possibilities in your deploy folder.
Either the directory or the package.

Sounds more complicated then it is.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136990#4136990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136990