[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Testing if JBOSS is UP and running

mariobehring do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 18 11:42:00 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I need to test if JBOSS is running on Windows machines. The test will be executed through a SNMP monitoring tool, like WhatsUP Gold (WUG). Usually when testing if a webpage is UP or DOWN through WUG we tell WUG to execute a get operation at the webpage and that´s it.

What should I do to test if JBOSS is up and running other than checking port 8080. Looks like on Windows the TCP port can answer while the JBOSS service is down...which doesn´t happen on Linux or Unix machines.

Any help is appreciated.

Mario

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137476#4137476

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137476